Table of Contents
First Moscow State Medical University
Get a call back for First Moscow State Medical University, Russia Admission
First Moscow State Medical University, official known as I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University is an MCI and WHO recognised government medical university. The university is located in Moscow, the capital city of Russia. It was established in 1758 making it the oldest medical college in Russia. The duration of the General Medicine course is 6 years. You will be taught in English medium for the full 6 years. However, learning the local language is complusory in Russia. This is because you will have to interact with the patients in the local language.
As per the university, it has:
- more than 19,000 students from 83 countries
- 2,100+ faculty members
- 226 educational programs
- 11 study areas
- 15 research institutes of Biomedical Sciences & Technology Park
- 9 faculties
These 9 faculties are:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Center of Master’s Programs
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Preparatory Department for International Applicants
- Faculty of Postgraduate Professional Training of Physicians
- Institute of Professional Education
Here is an overview of the General Medicine course in First Moscow State Medical University:
|MCI & WHO Recognised?||Yes|
|Located in||Moscow, Russia|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Need to learn local language?||Yes|
|Climate||Below 0° for 3-4 months|
|Exchange Rate||₽ 1 = ₹ 1.12|
First Moscow State Medical University Ranking
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University Moscow World Ranking –
- Times Higher Education does not give a specific rank to I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University as it mentions it as 1,000+ but ranks it at 84th in its Impact Rankings: Good health and well-being for people 2019.
- MCI Screening Test passing percentage is 6.10% only in 2015-18.
Global Medical Foundation will suggest that the students must take admission in the universities with a proven track record. We will suggest that the students should choose universities like:
FMGE Result / MCI Screening Test Passing Percentage
As you might already know, in order to become a doctor in India, you need to get a license. Being a foreign medical graduate, you need to clear a screenig test for this license. Therefore, no matter which college or university you study at, if you are unable to clear the screening test, you cannot practice in India. Whichever screening test is applicable today (FMGE or NEXT), you need to clear it. This is why we should look at the FMGE result of the universities. We will get a good idea if studing MBBS from that particular college as an Indian student is beneficial or not. Afterall, a college with a high FMGE passing percenatge is better for you.
Here is the FMGE result of Indian students who graduated from First Moscow State Medical University:
|In 2012-14||in 2015-18|
|18 passed out of 152||8 passed out of 131|
The passing percentage has been rather underwhelming and not up to the mark. You can check college wise FMGE result on our website. This will help you make a better decision. We will recommend the following universities:
Download the curriculum / syllabus of I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University MBBS course.
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University MBBS Fees
Following is I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University MBBS Fees for an Indian student:
|1st Year||$ 12,500|
|2nd Year||$ 10,800|
|3rd Year||$ 10,800|
|4th Year||$ 10,800|
|5th Year||$ 10,800|
|6th Year||$ 10,800|
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University fee breakdown (in US $):
- Tuition fee: $ 9,500 per year
- Hostel fee: $ 1,000 per year
- Medical Insurance: $ 250 per year
- Multiple visa & Registration: $ 50 per year
- One-time charges payable in the first year includes: Documents translation into the Russian language and Notarization of documents. Airport pickup and Mobile sim-card. Equivalence certificate fee. HIV test, Malaria D-group test, Fluorography test. 3 days food after arrival and transportation cost upon medical checkup.
Please note that food cost will be extra. Also, flight fare and admission fees will be extra.
Your overall budget including tuition fee, hostel fee, food expense, medical insurance, one-time charges, visa fee, one-time to and fro travel per year and admission fee should be in excess of ₹50 lakh.