Disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
MBBS in Kyrgyzstan was amongst the top two choices of Indian students along with MBBS in Ukraine. An estimated more than 2,000 Indian students began their medical education in Kyrgyzstan last year. The main reason why so many students are choosing this country is the low budget. If you are looking for ‘cheap and best’ option for MBBS abroad, then Kyrgyzstan is the answer. However, most students often ignore the disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
Following are the disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan:
- Average Quality of Education: Let’s face it, cheap and best don’t go hand in hand always. The quality of education in most universities is average at best. Since the tuition fee is very low, you cannot expect to have the same quality of education as other countries such as Ukraine and the Philippines. The best university in Kyrgyzstan is Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, a government university in Bishkek. We would suggest you choose this university.
- Climate: The weather in Kyrgyzstan won’t suit everyone. The temperature will fall below zero degrees for about 3 months every year. Snowfall is common in the months of December to February. In some cases, students find it difficult to settle down in Kyrgyzstan due to the cold weather.
Month High / Low(°C) January 4° / -8° February 5° / -6° March 11° / 0° April 20° / 7° May 25° / 12° June 30° / 16° July 33° / 18° August 31° / 17° September 26° / 12° October 18° / 5° November 11° / 0° December 6° / -5°
- Low FMGE passing percentage: Between 2012-14, Kyrgyzstan had an FMGE passing percentage of about 18.4%. This is slightly lower than the passing percentage of countries such as Ukraine, Russia and much lower than the Philippines and Bangladesh.
- Overcrowded universities: Some universities are accepting too many students which result in overcrowding. This generally leads to the stuffing of students in hostels and problem in mess.
- Availability of better options at the same budget: The budget of some universities in Kyrgyzstan reaches approx. ₹23-25 lakh. This is almost the same budget as MBBS in Ukraine or MBBS in Russia. This is one of the biggest disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan. Most students are unaware of this fact and are not guided properly by other consultancies.
- Cheating Agents: Selecting the right consultancy is very important. The biggest problem that students face is getting the wrong information about fees, cost, budget from agents. All the students and their parents should contact Global Medical Foundation for the best guidance.
What next now?
Despite the disadvantages of MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyzstan will still be in the top-3 destination for MBBS abroad. The budget is very low and students can complete the degree within a budget of ₹18-20 lakh including tuition fee, hostel fee, mess and admission charges. The country provides some of the cheapest options for medicine candidates. The top-universities for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan are: