Lviv National Medical University
GMF is the authorised representative of Lviv National Medical University. Fill the form for a call back.
Lviv National Medical University is a government medical university (National Level) located in Lviv, Ukraine. It was established in November 1784, making the university more than 230 years old! The university has limited seats but a very high demand by Indian students with Lviv National Medical University generally being the 1st MBBS in Ukraine university to fill up every year.
Lviv National Medical University is one of the strictest universities in Ukraine and has one of the highest FMGE passing percentage.
|MCI Result % (2012-14)||MCI Result % (2015-18)||Tuition Fees Per Year in US $|
|24%||22%||US $ 4,900|
In this step-by-step guide about Lviv National Medical University, you will learn about the following:
Table of Contents
- Lviv National Medical University
- About Lviv National Medical University
- About Lviv
- Lviv National Medical University Eligibility
- Lviv National Medical University Syllabus
- Lviv National Medical University Admission
- Admission Process in Ukraine
- Lviv National Medical University Session
- Lviv National Medical University Official Website
- Why Global Medical Foundation is the right consultancy for you?
- Lviv National Medical University Ranking
- Lviv National Medical University Reviews
- Lviv National Medical University Recognistions
- Lviv National Medical University Indian Mess
- Shobhit Jayaswal at Lviv
- Lviv National Medical University Hostel
- Lviv National Medical University FAQ
- Lviv National Medical University Fees
About Lviv National Medical University
The full and official name of the university is Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University. At first, it existed as medical faculty of the Lviv University. In 1939 Medical Faculty of Lviv University was rearranged into Lviv State Medical University with the faculties of general medicine and pharmacy. On October 17, 1996, by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, a higher educational institution of the IV level of accreditation – Lviv State Medical University – was established.
On October 21, 1998, the University was granted the name of Danylo Halytsky, after the first king of Halychyna-Ukraine. On October 21, 2003, according to the decree of the President of Ukraine, the University conferred a degree of National. Here is an overview about Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University:
|Established||1784, oldest university in Ukraine|
|Location||Lviv, Ukraine (Western part)|
|Recognised by||MCI and WHO|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Fees||US $ 4,900|
Currently, Lviv National Medical University consists of the following faculties:
- Two General Medicine faculties
- A Dentistry faculty
- A Pharmacy faculty
- A Foreign Students faculty
- A Postgraduate Education faculty
Lviv National Medical University is located in the main city of Lviv which is the largest city in western Ukraine with a population of more than 7 lakh people. The city is considered to be the most beautiful city in all of Ukraine. The historic city centre of Lviv is on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
Lviv is bordered by Poland and the cities of Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Volyn, Rivne and Zakarpattia where Uzzhorod Medical University is located. Kyiv is about 540 km away from Lviv.
The students who take admission in Lviv NMU can travel easily to Lviv as there is an international airport present here.
Following is the average temperature in Lviv:
Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sept Oct Nov Dec Daily mean °C −3.1 −2.2 1.9 8.3 13.8 16.4 18.3 17.7 13.0 8.1 2.6 -1.8
Lviv National Medical University Eligibility
Following is Lviv National Medical University eligibility criteria for an Indian student:
Entrance Exam in India There is no entrance exam in India like IELTS/SAT, etc. NEET qualification is must. Age The student must be at least 17 years old as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken. Board The candidate must have completed class 12th from a regular and recognised board. Marks for General Category students The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject. Marks for Other Category students The candidate must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject. NEET You need to qualify NEET from 2018 onwards for admission in abroad. NEET result is valid for 3 years from 2018 onwards for MBBS abroad admission.
Lviv National Medical University Syllabus
The syllabus of MBBS of all the universities in Ukraine is the same as Ukraine follows ECTS system. There might be a little variation in the number of hours devoted to each subject. You can check the full year-wise syllabus of Lviv National Medical University here:
Lviv National Medical University Admission
Admission in Lviv National Medical University starts in April for the students who have cleared NEET in the previous years (NEET result is valid for 3 years for abroad admission from 2018 onwards). For the students who are appearing for NEET in the current year, they can apply for admission letter as soon as they appear for NEET. For applying to Lviv National Medical University, you need to get in touch with Global Medical Foundation, the helpline number is 9999404348.
The admission letter from Lviv National Medical University starts to be issued in the month of June.
The scan copy of the following documents are required for the admission letter:
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet
- NEET qualified result (NEET result valid for 3 years from 2018 onwards for MBBS abroad)
- Passport / Aadhar Card
In case passport is not available at the time of applying the admission letter, the student can provide Aadhar card as a valid id proof, however, after this, the passport will be needed.
Once this is done, the next step is to apply for an invitation letter and visa. The student must have a passport for getting an invitation letter. Global Medical Foundation will provide the students with a list of documents which will be required for getting the visa for Ukraine. We will get invitation letter issued and visa formalities done. All the rest of the formalities will be conveyed and done through our help.
The admission generally closes around 1st October and the last date to reach at the university is 31st October.
Check the complete admission process for MBBS in Ukraine followed in India here:
Admission Process in Ukraine
Once all the formalities are finished in India, Global Medical Foundation will send the students in groups. The strength of the group is generally around 15-30 students. You will travel from Delhi to Kyiv and then take a connecting flight to Lviv. GMF will assist you in the booking of flights. Upon reaching Lviv, you will be provided with airport pickup facility.
The journey will be around 15-20 minutes and you will be taken to the university’s hostel and will be allotted rooms. The following process will take place after that:
- collection of original documents
- collection of fees
After this, the admission formalities start and it generally takes about 5 working days for the process completion and for the classes to start.
You will appear for an entrance exam which consists of 3 subjects – Biology, English and Chemistry. No preparation is required for this. There will be contract signing and allotment of batches after this.
Once you are allotted a group, you will get the schedule and the classes will start.
Global Medical Foundation will assist the students in adjusting to a new environment and during the entire admission process.
Lviv National Medical University Session
The classes at Lviv National Medical University will start in the month of September for new students. You should apply for admission in Lviv NMU through Global Medical Foundation as soon as you get your NEET qualified result as the seats are limited and admission is on first-come-first-serve basis.
Lviv National Medical University intake: September-October
The last date to reach the university is 31st October if there is any seat remaining. However, the seats generally get filled up by 1st October. There is only one intake for Lviv.
Lviv National Medical University Official Website
There are many fake websites of Lviv National Medical University. These fake websites are made by various agents in India to fool the students and their parents. They will pose as the official and exclusive representatives of the university. We suggest you beware of such agents as you may become a victim of fraud.
The only official website of Lviv National Medical University of Ukraine is new.meduniv.lviv.ua. The fake websites are:
Why Global Medical Foundation is the right consultancy for you?
- Global Medical Foundation is authorised representative of Lviv National Medical University.
- We have sent students to Lviv NMU.
- Shobhit Jayaswal of GMF has visited Lviv NMU.
- We have our own Indian partner for taking care of students in Ukraine.
Shobhit Jayaswal will personally meet and assist the students in September-October, when the students reach Ukraine.
- Right experience to provide guidance to Indian students.
- Geniune and complete information about Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University.
- 100% visa guarantee.
- Free study material, laptop bag, lab coat to every student.
- We can provide reference of current students at Lviv.
Lviv National Medical University Ranking
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is one of the oldest universities in Ukraine. It has the highest – IV level of accreditation.
As per the data published by the Medical Council of India (MCI), between 2012-14, Lviv National Medical University had the 2nd highest FMGE passing percentage in Ukraine. In 2015-18, the students from Lviv NMU again did well as the MCI result was 22%.
- The university is well known to be one of the least corrupted university in Ukraine. It has a limited intake and is well regarded for the high quality of education.
- As per Global Medical Foundation, it is among the top-3 medical universities in Ukraine for quality of education.
- In 2018, Clarivate Analytics, along with the Ministry of Education of Ukraine and Science and the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, awarded the Lviv National Medical University as the winner of the ” Web of Science Awards Ukraine 2018″ prize and recognized the leader of science of Ukraine in the category “Public Strategy”.
- In 2017, Lviv National Medical University achieved the 1st place in TOP-10 of the best medical educational institutions of Ukraine as per “Освіта.ua”.
- As per the results of the Ninth International Exhibition of “Innovation in Modern Education” (2017), Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University was awarded the Golden Medal and Diploma in “Innovation in the activity of a higher education institution on the internationalization of education and science”.
- In 2017, according to the international rating of Webometrix, the university ranked first among domestic medical universities in Ukraine and 16th place among all higher educational establishments in Ukraine.
- According to the results of the branch rating of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the Lviv National Medical University won the 1st place among the higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine by the indicators of educational and methodological work.
- According to the results of the national consolidated rating of universities of Ukraine in 2017, conducted by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the University took the 1st place in the TOP-10 nomination “Best Medical Higher Educational Institutions”.
- As per the national universities’ transparency rating, directed by the CEDOS Analytical Center, Lviv National Medical University achieved the first place among all the national higher medical educational institutions and eighth among all higher educational establishments of Ukraine.
Lviv National Medical University Reviews
Lviv National Medical University has the reputation of being a very strict university. This is something every parent is concerned about. Global Medical Foundation’s representatives have talked to many students who are studying at Lviv and we have sent many students there too. Lviv National Medical University reviews have been largely very positive and the students are very much satisfied with the education quality and facilities at Lviv NMU. Global Medical Foundation’s representative Shobhit Jayaswal has personally visited the university and spoke with many students to get the reviews about Lviv.
Another way to check the quality of education at Lviv National Medical Medical University is by checking its MCI result:
|MCI Result % (2012-14)||MCI Result % (2015-18)||Tuition Fees Per Year in US $|
|24%||22%||US $ 4,900|
Lviv National Medical University reviews are very positive and many students will even say that it is the best medical university for MBBS in Ukraine. The city is also very good to live in. GMF will recommend Lviv NMU to the students for MBBS in Ukraine.
Review by students sent by GMF to Lviv –
“Lviv NMU is a very strict university where there are daily exams, 100% attendance is compulsory, the teachers are experienced and strict, however, it does not mean that you cannot ask your doubts or speak in the classes. If you are regular and hardworking, then you will become a good doctor.” – Anmol, Odisha
“Hostel rooms were allotted at the same night when we came here, we got dinner too, on the next day, our admission process was started, the hostel-8 is very good and new. All departments are at one place, the teachers are very cooperative and they support Indian students and make sure we are not nervous.” – Venkateshwar, Delhi
Lviv National Medical University Recognistions
Lviv National Medical University is recognised by:
Lviv National Medical University Indian Mess
Indian food is available to the students at Lviv National Medical University. Both veg and non-veg food is available to the students. The food is served two times – lunch and dinner. There is a canteen at the campus which serves veg food to the students. Apart from this, there is kitchen facility available to the students at their hostels at no extra cost.
The students can buy all the ingredients from the nearby market and cook food from themselves.
Shobhit Jayaswal at Lviv
The biggest advantage of taking admission through Global Medical Foundation is that Shobhit Jayaswal will personally meet the students in Ukraine. This was our promise to the students who went in 2018 and 2019 batch too. Shobhit Jayaswal of GMF will be present in Ukraine in the months of September and October and will personally meet the students at every university including Lviv.
He met the students at Lviv who went in the 2019 session in October 2019 and made sure that every student is comfortable and in case anyone has any problem then it is solved. The same treatment will be imparted to every student who takes admission through Global Medical Foundation.
Also, since GMF representatives have visited the university, we will be able to give you the best and most accurate information about the campus, studies, hostels etc.
Lviv National Medical University Hostel
Lviv National Medical University provides on and off campus hostel facility to Indian students. The university has many hostels under its wings which are both renovated and non-renovated. Hostel-8 is the renovated hostel but is located about 4-5 km away from the main campus. The other hostels are located at the campus but are non-renovated yet are still very good.
The hostels have block system wherein one block houses about 10-11 students who share common washroom/bathroom and a common kitchen. There is availability of 2 and 3 seater rooms.
Overall, hostel facility is very good at Lviv NMU. The hostels are safe and there is provision of sport grounds and reading rooms at the hostels.
Lviv National Medical University FAQ
Where is Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University located?
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is located in Lviv Oblast which is at the western region of Ukraine. Lviv is bordered by Poland.
How will I pay the tuition fees?
Global Medical Foundation will assist you in the payment of the fees at Lviv. We provide assistance with getting forex. You will get all the instructions and help which are necessary for the payment of the fees from us.
Is there an International Airport in Lviv?
Yes, there is an international airport in Lviv by the name of Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport. The university is located at a distance of about 10 km from the airport. It takes 25-30 minutes only to travel from the airport to the university.
How will I travel from India to Lviv?
Global Medical Foundation will get tickets booked for you. We send students in batches or groups and the students will leave from Delhi and their flight will be till Lviv. From Lviv International Airport, our partner team will come to pick you up from the airport (when you go for the 1st time) and we will arrange the travel from the airport to the university hostel.
Lviv National Medical University Fees
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University Fees Structure
- Lviv National Medical University Fee Structure 2019
- Lviv National Medical University Fees
Following is Lviv National Medical University Fees:
Year -> 1st year 2nd Year 3rd Year 4th Year 5th Year 6th Year Total for 6 Years Tuition Fees in US $ 4,900 4,900 4,900 4,900 4,900 4,900 29,400 Hostel Fee in US $ 700 700 700 700 700 700 4,200 Total in US $ 5,600 5,600 5,600 5,600 5,600 5,600 33,600 Total Fees in ₹ 3,92,000 3,92,000 3,92,000 3,92,000 3,92,000 3,92,000 23,52,000
US $ 1= ₹70 has been taken as the exchange rate above. Please use the current exchange for calculation of fees in INR.
- Admission, application and visa charges will be extra.
- Flight tickets at actual rate, extra.
- Food expenses per year = Approx. INR 70,000 per year extra.