Table of Contents
- 1 Lviv National Medical University
- 1.1 About LvivThe Pearl of Europe
- 1.2 About Lviv National Medical UniversityAbout the University
- 1.3 Lviv National Medical University AdvantagesWhy choose Lviv National Medical University?
- 1.4 Lviv National Medical University AdmissionsWhy study at Lviv National Medical University?
- 1.5 Lviv National Medical University Ranking
- 1.6 Lviv National Medical University FeesLviv National Medical University Fee Structure
Lviv National Medical University
About LvivThe Pearl of Europe
Lviv National Medical University is located in the city of Lviv, also known as “The Pearl of Europe”. Lviv has unforgettable architecture, exquisite art, and the warm hospitality of its inhabitants. More than 50% of all architectural monuments within Ukraine are located in Lviv. Strolling along its narrow streets you may feel as though you have travelled back to a Middle Ages or Late Renaissance city. The magic power of its history and rich cultural life attract many people to Lviv. The city is like a legendary museum under the sky, which gives inspiration to everyone who visits “The Pearl of Europe”. You can observe beautiful landscapes from the height of Vysokiy Zamok. The centre of the city is situated in the valley, long before the river Poltva ran through that territory. The city has important connections with different European Centers.
Lviv is the pre-eminent city of Western Ukraine – the cultural, political and economic centre of the West. The City of Lviv is the centre of the Lviv Region which contains 2.6 million inhabitants and covers an area of 21,800 square kilometres. The city is home to 850,000 residents and serves a daytime population of over a million people. Truly one of the jewels of
Eastern Europe, Lviv is a real open space museum graced by over 2,000 historical, architectural and cultural landmarks. Prince Danylo of Galicia, a former principality of Kyivan Rus founded the city in the middle of the thirteenth century (1256), and named after his son Lev.
Lviv quickly became the centre of trade and commerce for the region. The city’s favourable location on the crossroads of trade routes from the Black and Baltic Sea ports, Kyiv, Central and Western Europe led to its rapid economic development. Due to its geographic location and natural resources, the city was a constant attraction for strangers – Tartars, Germans, Hungarians, Poles, Lithuanians, Austrians and Swedes. Throughout the ages, conquerors have introduced into the city their traditions, cultures, religions and architecture – a mixture of gothic and baroque, renaissance and Romanesque, empire, rococo, eclectic modern and lapidary constructivism. Throughout its history, however, the living traditions of Ukrainian national culture have always been prominent in Lviv.
Lviv of today is a city where the past meets future. Historical streets are full of people hurrying to find their place in modern-day Europe. Heroes from monuments look down at the students visiting cafes, bars, and restaurants. Visitors to the city stroll through beautiful parks, relax in the hotels or prepare to see ‘Swan Lake’ at the Lviv Opera House, considered to be one of the most beautiful in all of Europe.
And when you arrive in Lviv, with a bit of luck, you will be able to see the spirit of olden days Lviv, which certainly hides in every corner of its ancient walls. You will also see this spirit in the eyes of the local citizens, who are in love with their most beautiful hometown.
Lviv has often been called second Babylon. Not only Ukrainians, but also Poles, Greeks, Germans, Serbs, Jews, Armenians, Italians, Scots, Tatars, Hungarians, Saracens, Karaims, and many other nationalities always inhabited the city.
About Lviv National Medical UniversityAbout the University
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University has started counting of its age since 1784. At first, it existed as medical faculty of Lviv University. In 1939 Medical Faculty of Lviv University was rearranged into Lviv State Medical University with the faculties of general medicine and pharmacy. On October 17, 1996, by the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine 1262 a higher educational institution of the IV level of accreditation – Lviv State Medical University – was established on the basis of Lviv State Medical Institute.
On October 21, 1998, the University was granted the name of Danylo Halytsky, the first king of Halychyna-Ukraine. On October 21, 2003, according to the decree of the President of Ukraine the University conferred a degree of National.
Currently, Lviv National Medical University consists of the following faculties:
- Two General Medicine faculties
- A Dentistry faculty
- A Pharmacy faculty
- A Foreign Students faculty
- A Postgraduate Education faculty
Today, the Lviv National Medical University named after Danylo Halytskyi unites 6 faculties , medical college, 78 departments (including 47 clinical, as well as 19 support for higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine), 14 educational buildings, a dental medical center , educational- industrial pharmacy , training simulation center , botanical garden , Central Laboratory of Medicine and Laboratory of Industrial Toxicology , Research Center for Anti-tumor Assays, Scientific Library , 9 dormitories , a complex of student nutrition, 4 museums , amateur groups , 3 of which have titles of the People’s, sports and health camp “Medik” .
The annual contingent of the University is about 20,000 people, of which 6,273 students, 1164 interns, and 11,593 cadets of FPI.
Scientific and pedagogical work is provided by 1421 full-time scientific, scientific-pedagogical and pedagogical workers, of which 177 doctors of sciences and 755 candidates of sciences, including 133 professors, 401 associate professors.
Among the faculty members of the University are 1 Corresponding Member of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2 academicians and 2 correspondent members of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 14 academicians of the Academy of Sciences of Higher Education of Ukraine, 7 winners of the State Prize of Ukraine in Science and Technology, 1 Honored Honored Worker of Physical Culture and Sports of Ukraine, 4 Honored Workers of Education of Ukraine, 11 Honored Scientists and Technicians of Ukraine, 21 Honored Doctor of Ukraine.
Lviv National Medical University AdvantagesWhy choose Lviv National Medical University?
- The Total College Fees Lviv National Medical University is Low and Affordable for Indian Students.
- The Standard of Education for MBBS in Ukraine is Very High Quality and Teachers/Lecturers here are highly qualified and leaders in their field.
- No Admission Test such as IELTS or GMAT is required for Admission in Lviv National Medical University for MBBS in Ukraine. The Admission Process is very simple and Global Medical Foundation will help you out in the entire process.
- Lviv National Medical University is a part of the Bologna Process [The Bologna Process is a series of ministerial meetings and agreements between European countries designed to ensure comparability of the standards and quality of higher education qualifications] which ensures a high quality of education.
- The World and Country Ranking of Lviv National Medical University is very high.
- The degree awarded by the Lviv National Medical University of Ukraine are Globally Recognised by International Bodies and Organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organization (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine), FAIMER, UNESCO and AMEE.
- The students who have completed their medical degrees from Lviv National Medical University in Ukraine are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams like MCI Screening Test, USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world.
- Very Low Annual Fees – Studying MBBS in Ukraine costs 70% lower than the Private Medical Colleges in India. No Donation & no Hidden costs.
- Guest lecturers/professors and visiting faculty of the Universities in Ukraine include Globally Acclaimed Teachers and working professionals who are able to share their knowledge and experience with the young minds.
- Cost of living is also affordable in Ukraine.
- The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS in Lviv.
- Studying MBBS in Ukraine provides a gateway to other European Countries as it has bilateral student agreements in place with countries such as Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic and others thus making it easier for students to study in other European nations.
- The Faculty to Student Ratio is about 1:14 – Small class size ensures that Students get individual attention.
- More than 4,000 Indian students are currently studying at MBBS in Ukraine.
About MBBS in Ukraine –
Official Language Ukrainian Capital Kiev Currency Ukrainian Hryvnia (UAH) Exchange Rate ₹2.58 = 1 Ukrainian hryvnia (UAH) Population 4.25 crore Time Difference from India -2.30 hours from India during summer &
-3.30 hours from India during winters
Travel time from Delhi to Kiev, Ukraine 7-8 hours direct flight MBBS in Ukraine Tuition Fees Between US $ 3,500 to 5,000 Type of colleges Both Private and Government Duration 5.8 years Medium of Instruction English, student will be taught the local language.
Lviv National Medical University AdmissionsWhy study at Lviv National Medical University?
The international activity of Lviv National Medical University is directed to further integration into European and world medical structures. It is intended to study and apply the leading experience in the field of higher medical education, to develop research, to promote University achievements in the world.
♦ In this context the following agreements on cooperation were signed between Lviv National Medical University and Jagiellonian University (Krakow, Poland), Lviv National Medical University and Lublin Medical University (Poland), Lviv National Medical University and Wroclaw Medical Academy (Poland), Lviv National Medical University and Silesian Medical University (Poland), Lviv National Medical University and Poznan Medical University (Po- land), Lviv National Medical University and Warsaw Medical University (Poland), Lviv National Medical University and Medical University in Sofia (Bulgaria).
♦ Lviv National Medical University is listed in World Health Organization (WHO), World Directory of Medical Schools, is certified by ECFMG of the USA, MCI of India.
♦ University Diploma is recognized all over the world (in USA, UK, Canada, Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, India, Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and other countries).
The scientists of University support close relations with scientific and educational institutions of Germany, Hungary, USA, Canada, Australia, Great Britain, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, Poland, Belgium.
♦ Factors that favour the growth of foreign students’ number are high academic standards of the University as well as the gradual improvement of everyday living conditions and of the city infrastructure. The growth of the number of foreign students can be considered a sign of stability at the University, the high opinion in the world of the professional knowledge received here.
♦ In the 2016-2017 academic year, 1145 foreign citizens from 46 countries of the world are studying at the Faculties of General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy or pass Postgraduate training.
Lviv National Medical University Ranking
- Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is one of the oldest universities in Ukraine. It has the highest – IV level of accreditation.
- As per the data published by the Medical Council of India (MCI), between 2012-14, Lviv National Medical University had FMGE passing percentage of appr0x. 24%, the 2nd highest in Ukraine.
- The university is well known to be one of the least corrupted university in Ukraine. It has a limited intake and is well regarded for the high quality of education.
- As per Global Medical Foundation, it is among the top-3 medical universities in Ukraine for quality of education.
- In 2018, Clarivate Analytics, along with the Ministry of Education of Ukraine and Science and the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, awarded the Lviv National Medical University as the winner of the ” Web of Science Awards Ukraine 2018″ prize and recognized the leader of science of Ukraine in the category “Public Strategy”.
- In 2017, Lviv National Medical University achieved the 1st place in TOP-10 of the best medical educational institutions of Ukraine as per “Освіта.ua”.
- As per the results of the Ninth International Exhibition of “Innovation in Modern Education” (2017), Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University was awarded the Golden Medal and Diploma in “Innovation in the activity of a higher education institution on the internationalization of education and science”.
- In 2017, according to the international rating of Webometrix, the university ranked first among domestic medical universities in Ukraine and 16th place among all higher educational establishments in Ukraine.
- According to the results of the branch rating of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, the Lviv National Medical University won the 1st place among the higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine by the indicators of educational and methodological work.
- According to the results of the national consolidated rating of universities of Ukraine in 2017, conducted by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the University took the 1st place in the TOP-10 nomination “Best Medical Higher Educational Institutions”.
- As per the national universities’ transparency rating, directed by the CEDOS Analytical Center, Lviv National Medical University achieved the first place among all the national higher medical educational institutions and eighth among all higher educational establishments of Ukraine.
Lviv National Medical University FeesLviv National Medical University Fee Structure
Following is Lviv National Medical University Fee Structure:
Year -> 1st year Fees (Including Hostel and one-time charges) 2nd Year 3rd Year 4th Year 5th Year 6th Year Total for 6 Years Tuition Fees in US $ 8,000 4,900 4,900 4,900 4,900 4,900 32,500 Hostel Fee in US $ Included 1,000 1,000 1,000 1,000 1,000 5,000 Total in US $ 8,000 5,900 5,900 5,900 5,900 5,900 37,500 Total Fees in ₹ 5,44,000 4,01,200 4,01,200 4,01,200 4,01,200 4,01,200 25,50,000
US $ 1= ₹68 has been taken as the exchange rate above. Please use the current exchange for calculation of fees in INR.
- Admission, application and visa charges will be extra.
- Air tickets at actual rate extra.
- Food expenses per year = Approx. INR 70,000 per year extra.