MBBS in Georgia
Call Back Form for MBBS in Georgia
MBBS in Georgia is a new destination for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in abroad. Since getting admission in India is getting tougher every year, with the rising fees and donation of private colleges and the ever-growing competition for government seats, Georgia has become a welcome option for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in abroad and want a different option.
It is to be noted that this Georgia is a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia and not the US state of Georgia. Also note that Georgia is not a part of Europe or the European Union (EU) as highlighted by many agents who do not have enough knowledge. We strongly suggest you take admission through Global Medical Foundation only to avoid fraud and prevent yourself from falling into the traps of misleading agents.
The students have the option of both Government and Private universities. The universities teaching MBBS in Georgia follows European teaching pattern and mostly offers a course of 6-year course duration, though, you might also find universities offering a medical degree in 5-year duration.
MBBS in Georgia Eligibility
The following is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission of an Indian student in Ukraine as on the date of writing this answer:
- IELTS/TOEFL score has been made compulsory for some universities.
- In the universities where IELTS/TOEFL score is not required, the student will have to appear for a personal interview.
- The student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- Private students and students from open boarding like NIOS are not eligible for MCI Eligibility Certificate (as on the date of writing this answer) but can still get admission in Georgia though.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- Students must Qualify NEET exam from 2018 onwards. NEET result is valid for 3 years for taking admission abroad.
Is NEET required for MBBS in Georgia?
- Qualifying NEET has been made compulsory for MBBS admission abroad
- NEET result is valid for 3 years for studying MBBS in abroad
- You might still be able to take admission in some college/country without appearing/qualifying NEET.
- In such a case, you won’t be allowed to appear for screening test in India
- Therefore, you must qualify NEET for MBBS admission in Georgia
The capital city of Georgia is Tbilisi, which is also the largest city in Georgia.
The official language of Georgia is Georgian (nationwide) and Abkhazian (Abkhazian AR). The recognised regional languages are Mingrelian, Svan and Bats.
- 86.8% Georgians
- 6.2% Azerbaijanis
- 4.5% Armenians
- 2.8% other.
Georgian Orthodox Church
• 2017 estimate- 37,18,200
• 2014 census- 37,13,804
• Density- 53.5/km2 (138.6/sq mi)
Currency- Georgian Lari
Exchange Rate as on 2nd January 2020 (Please check current exchange rate):
1 US Dollar = 2.86 Georgian Lari
1 Georgian Lari = 24.95 Indian Rupee
Time Difference to India
Indian Standard Time is 01:30 hours ahead of the time in Tbilisi. For eg.
Indian time- 2:30 pm = Tbilisi time- 1:00 pm.
As per the Global Peace Index 2016, Georgia is placed at 85th position whereas India is at 141st position. It is safe to say that Georgia is one of the safest countries for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in abroad.
Average Monthly Temperature in Georgia- Tbilisi, Georgia
Month High / Low(°C) Rain January 6° / -2° 3 days February 8° / -1° 4 days March 13° / 3° 5 days April 19° / 8° 7 days May 24° / 12° 8 days June 28° / 16° 8 days July 31° / 19° 4 days August 31° / 19° 4 days September 26° / 15° 4 days October 20° / 9° 5 days November 13° / 5° 4 days December 8° / 1° 3 days
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia
There are many advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia. One of the biggest advantage of MBBS in Georgia is that the recent record of students passing FMGE after MBBS from Georgia has been very good. Georgia is a very safe country too. Another big advantage of studying MBBS in Georgia is that the overall number of students going here is not too high which ensures that these universities are not over loaded with Indian students which has been the case in some popular destinations now. Below, we have listed and elaborated the advantages of MBBS in Georgia:
All medical colleges in Georgia where Indian students are offered admission are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The fees or MBBS in Georgia is cheaper when compared to India and many other countries. As there is no donation, medical from Georgia is very cheap.
The climate in Georgia is more comfortable and adjustable for Indian students who are more comfortable living in tropical weather conditions.
IELTS/TOEFL is not required for admission in most of the universities, however, there may be a personal interview before issuing the admission letter.
The students are taught by experienced faculty and the students gain high-quality knowledge after completing their medical degree from Georgia.
Hostel and flat system facility is available to both boys and girls students who wish to study MBBS in Georgia.
The MBBS course in Georgia is in English medium so that Indian students do not face any issue when appearing for MCI screening test.
You will get Indian food and Asian food cooked by Indian chefs at the restaurants in Georgia. Both vegetarian and non-veg food will be available.
In addition to the commencement of classes in September, there is also an option for students to go to Georgia in the winter session (February-March).
The MBBS course of Georgia is offered to Indian students at the original fee as per the rules of the University. No donation is required for admission to any college for MBBS in Georgia.
The cost of living and travel expenses are affordable for MBBS in Georgia. This means a less costly overall expenses for the students and their parents.
The medical degree from Georgia is recognised worldwide including in India. Students will be eligible to work in other European countries too.
Georgia MBBS Disadvantages
Similar to the advantages of studying MBBS from Georgia, there are many Georgia MBBS disadvantages too. These Gerogia MBBS disadvantages are as follow:
- Visa and deportation – getting visa is not easy, in 2018, more than 100 students were denied entry in Georgia despite having valid visas. It was only after the intervention of the Foreign Ministry of India that the issue was resolved. For visa, some universities will take Skype interviews and some might require IELTS score. Getting visa for Georgia MBBS is much more hectic whereas there is no issue at all for visa for studying MBBS in Ukraine, MBBS in Russia, MBBS in Kyrgyzstan.
- No Indian Embassy – There is no Indian Embassy in Georgia, currently, the Embassy of India in Armenia provides assistance to Indian nationals in Georgia. This is such a major concern as Indian nationals or students cannot go for help to any Indian government agency in Georgia.
- Not in Europe/EU – Georgia is not located in either the Europen Union or Europe. It is located in the Caucasus region of Eurasia which is at the intersection of Europe and Asia. Many students are told that Georgia is located in Europe.
- Duration: The course duration for MBBS in Georgia is 6 years. This is longer than the duration in some other countries like Kazakhstan, Bangladesh and Kyrgyzstan.
- European Curriculum: The curriculum taught in Georgia is excellent and it focuses on overall growth and development of the student without putting the students in immense pressure. This, however, is a problem for some students as they don’t feel motivated enough. Lack of good attitude can lead to failure among students.
- Home Sickness: Many students feel home sick as they are not properly guided or they didn’t come with the right mind set. Proper counseling is required for such students before hand.
Why apply for MBBS in Georgia?
1) MBBS in Georgia is one of the best options for Indian students these days. The medical universities in Georgia are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organisation (WHO) and United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO). High-quality education has always been at the forefront in Georgia.
2) MBBS from Georgia has become the most favoured and number one preference of many Indian students now. This demand is fueled by the availability of seats in Government universities at a low fee structure, providing world-class quality of education, in a safe and conducive environment.
3) The infrastructure available in the universities and hospitals is world-class and many hospitals have state-of-the-art facilities. This means that students learn from the best and practice with the best facilities available.
4) MBBS in Georgia had one of the highest FMGE passing percentages at 25.5% between 2012-14. This is a testament to the high-quality of education imparted to the students in Georgia.
5) Students have the chance to go to the USA and UK after completing MBBS in Georgia for MD or MS. Students who do so are exempted from FMGE in India.
6) MBBS in Georgia offers education in English Medium. This enables students to learn better and give Georgia an advantage over most cheap Russian universities which offer MBBS in Russian language only.
Is MBBS from Georgia valid in India?
For an MBBS abroad degree to be valid in India, the University and it’s degree has to be recognised by the Medical Council of India. There are many medical universities in Georgia which are recognised by the MCI. Therefore, the answer to the question “Is MBBS from Georgia valid in India” is yes! You can check the list of medical colleges recognised by MCI by visiting MCI’s website.
However, it does not mean that after graduating from Georgia, you can straightaway practice in India. After completing MBBS Georgia, you have to come back to India and sit for the screening test. It is only after clearing this screening test that you will be allowed to practice as a doctor in India. Clearing the screening test is essential for obtaining a license to practice as a doctor in India.
If you have any query about “Is MBBS from Georgia valid in India?”, you can Call GMF for personal counselling.
Worldwide recognition of the MBBS degree from Georgia
The medical degree from Georgia is recognized by some of the most prominent bodies across the world-
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- Ministry of Education, Georgia
- WFME (World Federation for Medical Education)
- FAIMER (The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research)
PG in the USA after MBBS in Georgia
A lot of students wish to study and settle down in the United States of America and practice there. This is a dream, ambition and goal of many students. Realising this dream is a possibility for students after doing their MBBS from Georgia. Students who study MBBS in Georgia can sit for the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and study MD/MS in the US. The prime advantage of doing Residency in the US is that you will be paid a stipend per month.
Other options after MBBS from Georgia:
- You can join a PG program in Germany after clearing the necessary exams
- After passing PLAB you can practice in the United Kingdom
- You can practice in India after clearing FMGE or NEXT
- After passing AMC exam, you can practice in Australia
- You can practice in other countries of Europe after passing the Language and Practice Licensing exam
MBBS Syllabus in Georgia
MBBS in Georgia follows ECTS system. The overall duration of the MBBS course in Georgia is 6 years. Following is the year wise MBBS syllabus in Georgia:
|1.||Introduction to Clinical Anatomy||2|
|3.||Basics of Medical Bio-physics||5|
|11.||Embryology, Basic Hystology||3|
|13.||Basics of Biochemistry||4|
|9.||Endocrine System and Skin||6|
|3.||Physical Diagnostics – Propaedeutic||10|
|5.||Roentgenology, Medical Radiology||8|
|8.||Basics of Clinical Reasoning||2|
|9.||Clinical Skills (Basic)||2|
|1.||Surgery 1 /Clinical Skills 1||7|
|6.||Section C course||1|
|7.||Clinical Communication Skills||1|
|8.||Internal Medicine 1 /Clinical Skills 1||12|
|1.||Surgery 2/ Clinical Skills 2||7|
|2.||Internal Medicine 2/ Clinical Skills 2||7|
|4.||Epidemiology / Research Skills||4|
|7.||Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy||2|
|11.||Allergology and Clinical Immunology||3|
|3.||Anesthesiology, Intensive Care||4|
|7.||Clinical Skills 3||5|
|8.||Head and Neck Surgery||2|
|14||Oto-Rhyno-Lar y ngology||3|
|19.||Research Skills 3||3|
MCI Recognised Medical Colleges in Georgia
Following is the list of MCI recognised medical colleges in Georgia as on 2nd January 2020:
|1||Georgia||Grigol Robakidze University,Tbilisi|
|2||Georgia||“AIETI” Medical School|
|3||Georgia||Akaki Tsereteli State University|
|4||Georgia||Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University|
|5||Georgia||David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia|
|6||Georgia||David Tvildiani Medical University|
|7||Georgia||East Europeon University, Georgia|
|9||Georgia||Euroregioinal Teaching University LLC, Georgia|
|10||Georgia||Georgian American University, georgia|
|11||Georgia||Georgian National University, Georgia|
|12||Georgia||High Medical School “Ayeti”|
|13||Georgia||Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University|
|14||Georgia||Kutaisi Medical Institute “Kutaisi”|
|15||Georgia||LLC Caucasus International University, Tbilisi, Georgia|
|16||Georgia||LTD Caucasus University, Tibilisi, Georgia|
|17||Georgia||New Vision University, Georgia|
|18||Georgia||Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy|
|19||Georgia||Tbilisi Medical University “Hippocrates”|
|20||Georgia||Tbilisi Open Teaching University, Georgia|
|21||Georgia||Tbilisi Public University “Metekhi”|
|22||Georgia||Tbilisi State Medical University|
|23||Georgia||Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia|
|24||Georgia||University of Georgia|
All the above universities can be found on the list of MCI recognised colleges.
Scholarship for MBBS in Georgia
There is no scholarship available for studying MBBS from Georgia. However, many universities provide a reward/scholarship to the students on the basis of their academic performance.
College wise MCI/FMGE result after MBBS from Georgia
MBBS from Georgia has become popular in recent years only and does not have as many Indian students when compared to countries such as Russia or Ukraine. The National Board of Examinations or NBE has released college wise FMGE result of every college in Georgia from 2012-18. Before you select any college, you must check MCI Screening Test (FMGE) Result 2012-18.
MBBS in Georgia Fee Structure
Following is MBBS in Georgia Fees for the universities in which Global Medical Foundation is providing admission
New Vision University:
Year -> 1st Year 2nd Year 3rd Year 4th Year 5th Year Tuition Fee in US $ 6,500 6,500 6,500 6,500 6,500 Admission Fee in US $ 2,000 - - - - Hostel Fee in US $ 1,000 1,000 1,000 1,000 1,000 Total in US $ 9,500 7,500 7,500 7,500 7,500 Total in ₹ 6,65,000 5,25,000 5,25,000 5,25,000 5,25,000
- US $ 1 = ₹70 used for calculations above. Kindly use the current exchange rate for calculation of fees in ₹.
- Admission charges extra payable to Global Medical Foundation.
- Air-ticket charges extra.
- Mess charges extra.
- For complete information, contact us on 9999404348.