Table of Contents
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University
Get a call back for Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, Russia Admission
Russian National Research Medical University campus from outside (360° view):
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University is an MCI and WHO recognised medical university located in Moscow, Russia. It was founded in 1906 and was previously known as Russian State Medical University or RSMU. Russian National Research Medical University is a public or government university. It was the 1st Russian educational institution to provide women with the opportunity to get higher medical education. This university was the 1st in the world to establish a Faculty of Pediatrics. The School of Biomedicine, opened by the university in 1963, was also one of the first in the world.
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University has been accepting international students since 1959. Since 2013, it has been offering university programs in the English language. More than 2,000 teachers offer seminars, lectures and practical laboratory classes in the natural, humanitarian and medical sciences in more than 250 courses. Here is an overview of the medical course in Russian National Research Medical University:
|MCI & WHO Recognised?||Yes|
|Located in||Moscow, Russia|
|Medium of instruction||English|
|Need to learn local language?||Yes|
|Climate||Below 0° for 3-4 months|
|Exchange Rate||₽ 1 = ₹ 1.12|
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University Moscow World Ranking
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University Moscow World Ranking –
- As per the website ‘https://www.4icu.org/’, Russian National Research Medical University world ranking is 3,537 and the country rank is 81.
- QS World University Ranking for medicine colleges only ranks the university in top 451-500 universities in the world.
- Times Higher Education does not give a specific rank to Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University as it mentions it as 1,000+ but ranks it at 43rd in its Impact Rankings.
Global Medical Foundation will suggest that the students must take admission in the universities with a proven track record. We will suggest that the students should choose universities like:
FMGE Result / MCI Screening Test Passing Percentage
The following data was published by the National Board of Examination (NBE) which conducts FMGE:
- A total of 104 students appeared for FMGE after graduating from Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University.
- Out of the 104, only 3 students cleared FMGE or MCI Screening test.
- This data is for 2015-18 only.
The FMGE passing percentage is only 2.88%. Indian students have fared poorly after studying from Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University. We recommend Bukovinian State Medical University to the students. It has one of the best FMGE results among all the universities abroad and its budget is almost 40% less than that of Russian National Research Medical University.
Check country-wise FMGE result.
Russian National Research Medical University is accredited by the Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science in Russia. It is the only medical university in Russia which gets the title of “National Research University”.
The university is listed in MCI recognised universities in India. It is also recognised by WHO and is in the list of World Directory of Medical Schools.
Russian National Research Medical University is fully accredited by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation to conduct clinical trials. The trials will be in relation to drugs and biomedical cell products for medical use. The university is included by the Federal Service for Health Surveillance in the list of medical organizations conducting clinical trials of medical devices.
Russian National Research Medical University provides a high-rise dormitory/hosel facility for non-resident students. The students live in blocks of two rooms for 2 or 3 people with a shared bathroom. Each floor has its own kitchen. The dormitory is under the clock security.
Indian students will get to stay in the university hostel which is located nearby the campus. Parents need not worry about the accommodation for their child.
The way from the main campus building to the hostel
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University Fees
Following is Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University fees:
|1st Year||$ 9,000|
|2nd Year||$ 7,300|
|3rd Year||$ 7,300|
|4th Year||$ 7,300|
|5th Year||$ 7,300|
|6th Year||$ 7,300|
Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University fee breakdown (in US $):
- Tuition fee: $ 6,500 per year
- Hostel fee: $ 600 per year
- Medical Insurance: $ 150 per year
- Multiple visa & Registration: $ 50 per year
- One-time charges payable in the first year includes: Documents translation into the Russian language and Notarization of documents. Airport pickup and Mobile sim-card. Equivalence certificate fee. HIV test, Malaria D-group test, Fluorography test. 3 days food after arrival and transportation cost upon medical checkup.
Please note that food cost will be extra. Also, flight fare and admission fees will be extra.
Your overall budget including tuition fee, hostel fee, food expense, medical insurance, one-time charges, visa fee, one-time to and fro travel per year and admission fee should be in excess of ₹40 lakh.