- August 10, 2018
- Posted by: Shobhit Jayaswal
- Category: MBBS in abroad, MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, MBBS in Russia admission, MBBS in Ukraine, MBBS News, NEET
This is Shobhit Jayaswal from Global Medical Foundation. I will try to answer this very important question, a question that everyone has but no one gets a satisfactory answer to.
Well, there is no one right answer to this question and if you ask this question to someone else (like a consultancy) they will give you a very biased answer to this question. I will give you an unbiased answer based on what I have seen during my visits to various universities in various countries.
Assumptions: I assume that you are an Indian student who is looking for the best option for studying MBBS abroad. Also, I assume that you have qualified NEET and you have a budget of around ₹20–30 lakh at least.
My criteria for calling a university as best:
Now, I will say which universities are the best in their respective countries according to me. These are my opinions as I have been to each of these countries and visited these universities. Therefore, these universities are best according to my criteria which are-
1) safety and security of the students
2) FMGE passing percentage
3) facilities provided by the university/college to Indian students
4) quality of education
5) hostel and food facility available to the Indian students
6) number of batches on Indian students passed out from the university
I have selected and not selected universities based on the criteria above and I believe that you are also searching the best university for you based on these criteria.
Countries and best universities/colleges/institutes:
The best university according to me in Ukraine is-
I would say that for an Indian student, Vinnitsa National Medical University or National Pirogov Memorial Medical University is the best. This is my own opinion and I am sure there will be many who will say some other university is better and there will be many with a third opinion.
Why do I say that Vinnitsa National Medical University is the best?
- It is closer to Kyiv and is a peaceful and clean city
- Best quality of education
- The faculty is old and experienced and are fluent in English
- The university is a government university
- It specialises in the field of medicine only
- I have met 100+ students of Vinnitsa National Medical University and most are happy with their decision of choosing Vinnitsa National Medical University
- Indian mess is available in Vinnitsa National Medical University
Here is a video of the review of studies of Vinnitsa National Medical University by Indian students:
I would say that the other good universities in Ukraine are:
- Bogomolets National Medical University
- Lviv National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University
- The Philippines:
The best university according to me in the Philippines is-
There are many advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
- Low tuition fees paid in instalments & affordable cost of living
- English medium education, no need to learn any new language
- 3rd largest English speaking country– MBBS in the Philippines
- Indian veg food, Gujarati, Jain, South Indian food cooked by Indian chefs available at low cost
- US Pattern of education which helps students who wish to give USMLE
- Strict rules which mean that the students will have to study. This is a relief for parents as they can be assured that their child will be studying.
- Awesome weather! You will fall in love with it. Similar to the weather of Mumbai/Kolkata.
- Focus on developing the practical skills & knowledge of the students.
- The final year is the fully clinical rotation
- Higher FMGE passing percentage than Russia, China, Ukraine, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan.
- From 2012-13 to 2016-17. MBBS in the Philippines had the 2nd highest MCI Passing Percentage (minimum 900 students).
- Problem-based learning methodology
- Focus on developing the practical skills of the students.
- 6-year course with one-year internship/clinical rotation- MBBS in the Philippines
- Gateway to the USA– give USMLE and go to the USA for PG and for practice
- One of the highest MCI Screening Test passing percentage
The other good colleges in the Philippines are-
The best university according to me for MBBS in Russia is-
Specifications of Mordovia State University:
- Fully English Medium for complete 5.8 years of study.
- Direct admission without any Entrance Exams such as IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT, etc.
- Deluxe Hostel facility for Indian students.
- Indian Mess facility with Indian cook, both veg. and non-veg. food available.
- Both North and South Indian food available.
- Every year, 20 days of Clinical Training in Indian hospitals during holidays for the students.
- MCI Syllabus is followed in the University.
- University recognised by MCI & WHO.
The other good colleges in Russia is-
The best university according to me for MBBS in Kyrgyzstan is-
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is a Government University.
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is MCI Recognised.
- Kyrgyz State Medical Academy is WHO Recognised.
- More than 75 years old. Established in 1939.
- English Medium Course at Kyrgyz State Medical Academy, Kyrgyzstan (Duration – 5 years).
- The course duration will be of 5-years from 2018 onwards.
- Indian Food available in the mess.
- Highest MCI Passing Percentage amongst all universities in Kyrgyzstan.
- Hostel located within the campus.
- Gym facility within the campus.
- Teachers to students ratio are 1:15.
- MCI Coaching provided by Indian teachers.
- All departments located inside or nearby the university.
- Various sports grounds within the campus
- University is located in the capital city- Bishkek.
The other good colleges in Kyrgyzstan are:
You can get in touch with me for admission: 9999404348.