- February 1, 2017
- Posted by: shobhitjayaswal
- Category: MBBS News, NEET, Uncategorized
NEET 2017 – National Eligibility Entrance Cum Test (NEET-UG) is the national level examination conducted to offer admission into the undergraduate(UG) courses i.e. MBBS and BDS in medical/dental colleges of India. The exam will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). All MBBS/BDS seats in the country under MCI/DCI will take admission on the basis of NEET-UG 2017 merit list ( autonomous institutions i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER will hold exam separately ). The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing merit list to the DGHS and participating States/Universities/Institutions. Last year overall 8,02,594 candidates registered for exam. There are about 426 medical colleges and 303 dental colleges in india. It is expected that the exam will be held in 1st week of May.
[read more=”Read more” less=”Read less”]
Below are the tentative important dates for NEET 2017
|Commencement of Submission of Online Application||31st January 2016|
|Online Application Submission Last Date without Late Fee||1st March 2017|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee By Credit Card/ Debit Card||1st March 2017|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee Only By E-Challan||1st March 2017|
|Period of submission of Online Application with late fee||1st March 2017|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee with late fee By Credit Card/ Debit Card||1st March 2017|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee with late fee Only By E-Challan||1st March 2017|
|Date of uploading of Admit Cards on website||15th April 2017|
|Date of Examination||7th May 2017|
|Display of OMR Sheet||1st week of June 2017|
|Display of Answer Key||1st week of June 2017|
|Declaration of Result||8th June 2017|
Eligibility For NEET-UG 2017
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2017.
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2017 of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats in Medical/Dental Colleges run by the Union of India, State Government, Municipal and other local authorities in India except in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana is 25 years as on 31st December, of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Schedules Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
Candidate must be born on or between:
(a) 08/05/87 to 01/01/2001 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
(b) 08/05/92 to 01/01/2001 (Other Category)
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required. Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2017 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J&K are not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. However, they are eligible to appear in NEET-UG for admission in Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and AFMC, Pune.
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) shall be limited to 3 (Three) uniformly for all the candidates.
MBBS & BDS Courses Duration
MBBS: The duration of MBBS course is 4½ years followed by internship of one year.
BDS: The course is divided into 4 years of training and 1 year compulsory rotatory internship.
Question Pattern & Languages
|Subjects||Number of questions in each section||Total Marks|
As per the marking scheme, each correct answer will carry 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. No marks will be given for the unmarked answer. The questions will be multiple choice types. Four options will be provided for each question out of which only one will be the correct. The exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
(i) Pattern of the Entrance Test:-
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen only. The duration of paper would be 03 hours.
(ii) Language of the Question Papers:-
- All candidates can opt for Question Paper either in English or in Hindi.
- Candidates seeking admission under 15% All India quota seats and in AFMC should appear in the examination either in English or Hindi only.
- Candidates who have passed/appearing their class XII or equivalent qualifying examination from the State Boards of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal and seeking admission in the institutions located in the State concerned under State Quota seats only can opt for Question Paper in their respective Regional Language i.e. Telugu, Assamese, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Oriya, Kannada and Bengali.
- Candidates seeking admission under State Quota seats of more than one State should appear in the examination either in English or Hindi only.
- Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only and the candidates opting for other languages would be provided Test Booklet in English with translation in the language as per choice of the candidate.
- Candidates opting for Question Paper in Regional languages should choose Centre Cities within the geographical limit of the State concerned.
- Option of Question Paper should be exercised while filling in the application form and the option once exercised by candidates cannot be changed later.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
Fee And Application Procedure
|Category||Without Late Fee|
|Fee for General/OBC||Rs.1400/- (INR)|
|Fee for SC/ST/PH||Rs.750/- (INR)|
(i) The candidate, before submitting the application form online, shall satisfy his/her eligibility to appear in the test. The candidate is required to go through the Information Bulletin carefully and acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to the submission of the Application Form.
(ii) The Candidate should fill his/her complete postal address with the pin code and e-mail address (own or parents only) for further correspondence.
(iii) Candidate must ensure that mobile numbers, E-mail address filled in the online Application form are his/her own as Board will make communications by SMS or mail on given mobile number and mailing ID only.
(iv) It will be the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she fills -in his/her correct postal and contact details in the Application Form. Candidates must ensure that address given by them be such at which candidate may be able to get the communication till the counselling is over. THE BOARD SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS IN TRANSIT OR FOR AN INCORRECT ADDRESS GIVEN BY THE APPLICANT IN THE APPLICATION FORM.
(v) Candidate should not give the postal address, contact number and mail ID of Coaching Centre in their Online Application Form.
(vi) Candidates should fill Code Number against the column provided for Qualifying Examination passed. If a candidate does not fall within the qualifications prescribed as per Code numbers 02 to 07, he/she should furnish complete details and fill up qualifying examination Code as 01.
(vii) Candidates appearing in 12th Standard in 2016 should fill up qualifying code as 01.
Candidates are advised to take passport size photographs with white background and one post card size (4″x6″) photograph. Passport size photographs are to be used for uploading on online Application and also for Counselling/Admission whereas, Post Card size photograph will be collected from candidates by Centre Superintendent at Centre during AIPMT Examination. The photograph must be taken on or after 01.12.2015 indicating clearly the name of candidate along with the date of taking the photograph as shown below. Photograph should not have cap or goggles. Spectacles are allowed if being used regularly. POLAROID and COMPUTER generated photos are not acceptable. Applications not complying with these instructions or with unclear photographs are liable to be rejected. Candidates may please note that if it is found that photograph affixed is fabricated i.e. de-shaped or seems to be hand-made or computer made, the form of the candidate will be rejected and the same would be considered as using unfair means practices and candidate would accordingly be dealt with the rules of unfair means.
The candidates are required to upload their signature in the appropriate box given in the online Application Form in running hand writing. Writing full name in the Box in Capital letters would not be accepted as signature and the Application Form would liable to be rejected. Further, unsigned online application will also be rejected.
One Time Correction Opportunity
Candidates can get one time oppurtunity to correct their mistake during online submission, but you should be very careful while filling online application as correction opportunity is not guranteed by CBSE.
In case candidates are allowed correction, he/she may NOT be allowed to correct the following fields
- City of Centre,
- Marks obtained
- Question Paper Medium,
Candidates are allowed to correct the fields such as the following
- Date of Birth
- State Code Eligibility
- Disability Status
NEET 2017 Admit Card
It is expected that admit card of NEET 2017 will be issued in the 1st week of April. As the admit card releases, the link to download it will be uploaded here. It is to be noted by the candidates that its mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card in the examination hall.
APPLY FOR NEET 2017:Click Here
REQUIREMENT OF AADHAAR NUMBER
- For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET-2017 in all States except J&K, Assam and Meghalaya.
- For NRIs, Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET-2017.
- At the time of filling application form of NEET– 2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and hereby give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET- 2017. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- Regarding requirement of AADHAAR a separate PUBLIC NOTICE is being published and also hosted on the website. Candidates may follow the instructions given therein.