David Tvildiani Medical University- MBBS in Georgia
In this step-to-step guide about David Tvildiani Medical University, you will get to know about the following things:
Table of Contents
- David Tvildiani Medical University- MBBS in Georgia
- David Tvildiani Medical University Recognition
- David Tvildiani Medical University Admission Requirements
- David Tvildiani Medical University Ranking
- David Tvildiani Medical University Hostel
- About Tbilisi
- USMLE Education Pattern
- New Rustavi Campus
- David Tvildiani Medical University Fees
Call Back for Admission in David Tvildiani Medical University, Georgia
David Tvildiani Medical University is an MCI and WHO recognised private medical university. It is located in Tbilisi, Georgia. Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia. The university, in its current form is known as David Tvildiani Medical University. Earlier, it was known as AIETI Medical School which was established in 1989. After adding PHD, Residency, Doctorate programs and the Nursing School, AIETI Medical School was upgraded by the National Authorization Council. It was given the status of a University in 2011 and was renamed after its founder and the first rector as “David Tvildiani Medical University”.
The degree awarded by David Tvildiani Medical University is equivalent to MBBS in India. Indian students will be eligible for NEXT and exams such as USMLE, PLAB, etc. after graduating from DTMU. Course duration is 6 years for MBBS in Georgia. The entrie course will be taught in the English language. Learning the local language is a must.
As per records published by the National Board of Examination, 21 students appeared for FMGE between 2015-18 after graduating from DTMU. Out of these, 12 students cleared FMGE. This means the the FMGE passing percentage is 57.14%. However, the number of students who appeared are way too less to fully understand about the quality of education at David Tvildiani University.
David Tvildiani Medical University Recognition
David Tvildiani Medical University is recognised by the following:
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Organization for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS)
- Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE)
- ORPHEUS – Organization for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in European System
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER)
- Eurasian Universities Union (EURAS)
David Tvildiani Medical University Admission Requirements
David Tvildiani Medical University has two intakes: September and February. For the September batch, documents have to be submitted before 1st June and for the February batch, the last date for submission of the documents is 1st November. Following is David Tvildiani Medical University admission requirement for an Indian student:
- Students should have passed class 12th examination or its equivalent with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 60% marks in English separately.
- Should complete 17 years of age at the time of application and should not exceed 25 by the said date.
- Qualifying NEET is compulsory for Indian students taking admission abroad if they wish to practice medicine in India. NEET result is valid for a period of 3 years for MBBS abroad.
- Students need to send scanned copies of their documents to Global Medical Foundation on [email protected]
- We will forward the documents to the university for verification.
- Upon verifying the documents, the university will issue the admission letter in the name of the candidate.
- We will send the admission letter to the student. The student will then deposit the first year’s tuition fee into the university’s account, details of which will be mentioned on the admission letter.
- The student will send the fee receipt to us.
- DTMU will provide the supporting documents which are required for applying for the visa.
- The candidate has to apply for Georgian visa.
Documents required for Georgian Visa:
- Valid Indian Passport
- 12th mark sheet (apostiled)
- Bank Statement of last 3 months (₹1.5 lakh deposit)
- Sponsorship letter from the parent
- Photo (high resolution, white background)
- Flight ticket
- Visa supporting documents provided by the university
Global Medical Foundation will assist the students in the entire process.
David Tvildiani Medical University Ranking
David Tvildiani Medical University Ranking –
- As per the website ‘https://www.4icu.org/’, DTMU world ranking is 10,478 and the country rank is 19.
- ‘https://www.webometrics.info/’ ranks DTMU at 17,310.
- FMGE result was 12 passed out of 21 students between 2015-18.
Global Medical Foundation will suggest that the students must take admission in the universities with a proven track record. We will suggest that the students should choose universities like:
David Tvildiani Medical University Hostel
David Tvildiani Medical University is the only university in Georgia that has hostel facility within the campus. Girls and boys have the same hostel but are placed in separate floors. Indian food is available. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is available for students staying in the hostel without any additional charge. There are three type of rooms available: 2, 3 and 4 sharing rooms. The cost are:
- 2 sharing room costs US $ 350 per month.
- 3 sharing costs US $ 250 per month.
- 4 sharing costs US $ 200 USD per month.
Six months hostel fees is to be paid at the beginning of every semester. Students are advised to check the room availability at the time of admission. Two sharing rooms are limited and subject to availability. It is mandatory for the first-year students to stay at the hostel.
David Tvildiani Medical University is located in Tbilisi. Tbilisi is the capital of Georgia. It is the largest city in the country. The population of Tbilisi is about 11 lakh. There is no Embassy of India in Georgia which is a major drawback for Indians there. It takes about 9-11 hours to reach Tbilisi from Delhi and you will have to take a connecting flight. The average flight ticket price is ₹30,000.
Tbilisi is a beautiful city and is also an upcoming tourist destination. It lies in East-Georgia on both banks of the Mt’k’vari River. The climate is much more favourable than European countries where Indian students go to study MBBS. Tbilisi has a humid-subtropical climate. Summers are very warm and winters are cold. The city receives significant rainfall throughout the year. The average annual temperature in Tbilisi is about 13°C. The coldest month is January with an average temperature of 2.3 °C. The hottest month is July with an average temperature of 24.9°C.
Georgia is considered to be a very safe country. Locals are friendly and since Indian students have been going to study MBBS in Georgia for some years now, there is a decent number of Indian students in Georgia now.
Month-wise temperature in Tbilisi:
|Month||High / Low(°C)|
|January||7° / -1°|
|February||8° / 0°|
|March||14° / 3°|
|April||19° / 8°|
|May||24° / 13°|
|June||29° / 17°|
|July||32° / 20°|
|August||32° / 20°|
|September||27° / 16°|
|October||20° / 10°|
|November||13° / 5°|
|December||8° / 0°|
USMLE Education Pattern
DTMU follows USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) syllabus. The students can appear for the USMLE Exams in the 3rd and 5th year of their studies. If they clear USMLE Sep 1 and 2, they will be eligible to go to the USA for work or for further studies after the completion of their course. As the students study from Kaplan books, it makes it easier for them to clear USMLE. A large number of DTMU graduates clear USMLE and manage to go to the USA for further studies.
The university is also recognised by MCI. This means that the students can appear for the screening test in India and get a license to practice.
New Rustavi Campus
A new campus for international students was started in September 2016. This new campus of DTMU Georgia is located at Rustavi. Rustavi is a quiet and clean city located about 30 km away from Tbilisi. Campus is located at the city centre.
Two floors of the main building inside the campus consist of:
- auditoriums and,
- other administrative facilities related to the teaching process.
Topmost three floors are the dormitory and are organized to provide comfortable living conditions to the students. There are rooms to accommodate two or four students. The building is equipped with all modern facilities such as Heating, Ventilation, Air conditioning and WiFi system. Adjoining the main building is the mess which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner to the students on the daily basis.
There are facilities for a variety of sports activities:
- golf or cricket.
- olympic size swimming pool
- Gym and
- a sport hall within 250 m from the Campus.
When to apply for MBBS in Georgia?
The best time to apply is in June-July for MBBS in Georgia. Visa process is lengthy and it might not be possible to study MBBS in Georgia if the student applies late.
How to pay the fees of DTMU?
Tuition fee is payable directly to the university. Fees can be paid year wise. You don’t have to pay the entire fee at once.
Which is the prominent religion in Georgia?
In Georgia, about 88% people follow Christianity and about 10% people are Muslims.
Can I work while studying in Georgia?
You cannot work while studying MBBS in Georgia. Also, you won’t get the time to work.
Apart from the tuition and hostel fee, what are the other expenses?
Other expenses include the personal expenses of the students. There are expenses such as travelling, going to restaurants, phone bills, internet, shopping. etc.
For example, WIFI & laundry facility is free on the campus, but detergent is an personal expense of for the students.
David Tvildiani Medical University Fees
David Tvildiani Medical University fees is US $ 8,000 per year. In Indian currency, it will be approx. ₹5,60,000 per year. Your over all budget for DTMU Georgia must be in excess of ₹40 lakh.