MBBS in Bangladesh Eligibility
The candidate must hold a passport in order to travel for MBBS in Bangladesh.
- He/she should be of age 17 years or above before December 31 of the year in which the student is seeking admission.
- A student will be ineligible for MBBS in Bangladesh if there is a gap of more than 2 years after class XII. If the student applies for current year’s session, then he/she must have completed class XII or passed class 12 in this year or the previous year. If the board conducts exam in 2017 but issues Passing Certificate in 2018, then also a student can be eligible for taking admission.
- The student must have his/her Passing Certificate (of class 12) issued in the current year (2019) or previous year (2018) only. Failing to meet this criterion would mean that the student cannot study medical in Bangladesh.
- The student must have passed class 10 in either 2016 or 2017.
- Indian students must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class XII and have equal to or more than 60% aggregate marks. The student must have more than 60% marks in Biology.
- Anyone who passed out class 12 prior to 2018 cannot take admission in Bangladesh as per government rules.
- Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent should be 8.00.
- Minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent: 3.5.
- Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in SSC/ ‘O’ level or equivalent exam, only the top 5 subjects are considered for calculation of GPA. Therefore, GPA in ‘O’ level = (total marks obtained in the top five subjects) ÷ 5
- For calculation of GPA against the marks obtained in HSC/ ‘A’ level or equivalent exam, only 3 subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) are considered for calculation of GPA.
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3.
- The student must qualify NEET if he/she wants to practice in India after getting a degree from abroad.