Table of Contents
- 1 MBBS in Georgia
- 1.1 Study MBBS in Georgia, Take Admission Through Global Medical Foundation
- 1.2 About Georgia
- 1.3 Advantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia
- 1.4 Study MBBS in Georgia, Take Admission Through Global Medical Foundation
- 1.5 Why apply for MBBS in Georgia?
- 1.6 Study MBBS in Georgia, Take Admission Through Global Medical Foundation
- 1.7 MBBS in Georgia Eligibility
- 1.8 Study MBBS in Georgia, Take Admission Through Global Medical Foundation
- 1.9 MBBS in Georgia- Climate of GeorgiaTbilisi, Georgia Weather averages
- 1.10 PG in the USA after MBBS in Georgia
- 1.11 Study MBBS in Georgia, Take Admission Through Global Medical Foundation
- 1.12 MBBS in Georgia Fee Structure
MBBS in Georgia
Let Us Contact You!
MBBS in Georgia is a new destination for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in abroad. Since getting admission in India is getting tougher every year, with the rising fees and donation of private colleges and the ever-growing competition for government seats, Georgia has become a welcome option for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in abroad and want a different option.
It is to be noted that this Georgia is a country in the Caucasus region of Eurasia and not the US state of Georgia. It is also to be noted that Georgia is not a part of Europe or the European Union (EU) as highlighted by many agents who do not have enough knowledge. We strongly suggest you take admission through Global Medical Foundation only to avoid fraud and prevent yourself from falling into the traps of misleading agents.
The students have the option of both Government and Private universities. The universities teaching MBBS in Georgia follows European teaching pattern and mostly offers a course of 6-year course duration, though, you can also find universities offering a medical degree in 5-year duration.
There is no entrance examination like IELTS, GMAT or TOEFL to get admission for MBBS in Georgia for most of the universities. However, there might be a personal interview. The student will have to follow the rules and regulations of their home country, however. There are many universities in Georgia which are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This means that the Indian students are eligible to sit for the licensing examination upon the completion of the MBBS course and return to India.
The capital city of Georgia is Tbilisi, which is also the largest city in Georgia.
The official language of Georgia is Georgian (nationwide) and Abkhazian (Abkhazian AR). The recognised regional languages are Mingrelian, Svan and Bats.
- 86.8% Georgians
- 6.2% Azerbaijanis
- 4.5% Armenians
- 2.8% other.
Georgian Orthodox Church
• 2017 estimate- 37,18,200
• 2014 census- 37,13,804
• Density- 53.5/km2 (138.6/sq mi)
Currency- Georgian Lari
Exchange Rate as on 12th February 2018 (Please check current exchange rate):
1 US Dollar = 2.43 Georgian Lari
1 Georgian Lari = 26.45 Indian Rupee
Indian Standard Time is 01:30 hours ahead of the time in Tbilisi. For eg.
Indian time- 2:30 pm = Tbilisi time- 1:00 pm.
As per the Global Peace Index 2016, Georgia is placed at 85th position whereas India is at 141st position. It is safe to say that Georgia is one of the safest countries for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in abroad.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Georgia
All medical colleges in Georgia where Indian students are offered admission are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
The fees or MBBS in Georgia is cheaper when compared to India and many other countries. As there is no donation, medical from Georgia is very cheap.
The climate in Georgia is more comfortable and adjustable for Indian students who are more comfortable living in tropical weather conditions.
IELTS/TOEFL is not required for admission in most of the universities, however, there may be a personal interview before issuing the admission letter.
The students are taught by experienced faculty and the students gain high-quality knowledge after completing their medical degree from Georgia.
Hostel and flat system facility is available to both boys and girls students who wish to study MBBS in Georgia.
The MBBS course in Georgia is in English medium so that Indian students do not face any issue when appearing for MCI screening test.
You will get Indian food and Asian food cooked by Indian chefs at the restaurants in Georgia. Both vegetarian and non-veg food will be available.
In addition to the commencement of classes in September, there is also an option for students to go to Georgia in the winter session (February-March).
The MBBS course of Georgia is offered to Indian students at the original fee as per the rules of the University. No donation is required for admission to any college for MBBS in Georgia.
The cost of living and travel expenses are affordable for MBBS in Georgia. This means a less costly overall expenses for the students and their parents.
The medical degree from Georgia is recognised worldwide including in India. Students will be eligible to work in other European countries too.
Why apply for MBBS in Georgia?
1) MBBS in Georgia is one of the best options for Indian students these days. The medical universities in Georgia are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organisation (WHO) and United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO). High-quality education has always been at the forefront in Georgia.
2) MBBS from Georgia has become the most favoured and number one preference of many Indian students now. This demand is fueled by the availability of seats in Government universities at a low fee structure, providing world-class quality of education, in a safe and conducive environment.
3) The infrastructure available in the universities and hospitals is world-class and many hospitals have state-of-the-art facilities. This means that students learn from the best and practice with the best facilities available.
4) MBBS in Georgia had one of the highest FMGE passing percentages at 25.5% between 2012-14. This is a testament to the high-quality of education imparted to the students in Georgia.
5) Students have the chance to go to the USA and UK after completing MBBS in Georgia for MD or MS. Students who do so are exempted from FMGE in India.
6) MBBS in Georgia offers education in English Medium. This enables students to learn better and give Georgia an advantage over most cheap Russian universities which offer MBBS in Russian language only.
MBBS in Georgia Eligibility
The following is the minimum eligibility criteria for admission of an Indian student in Ukraine as on the date of writing this answer:
- IELTS/TOEFL score has been made compulsory for some universities.
- In the universities where IELTS/TOEFL score is not required, the student will have to appear for a personal interview.
- The student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken.
- The student must have completed class 12th from a regular board.
- Private students and students from open boarding like NIOS are not eligible for MCI Eligibility Certificate (as on the date of writing this answer) but can still get admission in Georgia though.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from General category.
- The student must have an aggregate of at least 40% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and must have English as a compulsory subject if the student is from SC/ST/OBC.
- Students must Qualify NEET exam.
MBBS in Georgia- Climate of GeorgiaTbilisi, Georgia
Month High / Low(°C) Rain January 6° / -2° 3 days February 8° / -1° 4 days March 13° / 3° 5 days April 19° / 8° 7 days May 24° / 12° 8 days June 28° / 16° 8 days July 31° / 19° 4 days August 31° / 19° 4 days September 26° / 15° 4 days October 20° / 9° 5 days November 13° / 5° 4 days December 8° / 1° 3 days
PG in the USA after MBBS in Georgia
A lot of students wish to study and settle down in the United States of America and practice there. This is a dream, ambition and goal of many students. Realising this dream is a possibility for students after doing their MBBS from Georgia. Students who study MBBS in Georgia can sit for the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) and study MD/MS in the US. The prime advantage of doing Residency in the US is that you will be paid a stipend per month.
MBBS in Georgia Fee Structure
Following is MBBS in Georgia Fees for the universities in which Global Medical Foundation is providing admission
Georgian American University:
Year -> 1st Year 2nd Year 3rd Year 4th Year 5th Year Tuition Fee in US $ 5,500 5,000 5,000 5,000 5,000 Hostel Fee + Mess Charges in US $ 2,500 2,500 2,500 2,500 2,500 Medical Insurance Fee in US $ 100 100 100 100 100 Total in US $ 8,100 7,600 7,600 7,600 7,600 Total in ₹ 5,50,800 5,16,800 5,16,800 5,16,800 5,16,800
- US $ 1 = ₹68 used for calculations above. Kindly use the current exchange rate for calculation of fees in ₹.
- Admission charges extra payable to Global Medical Foundation.
- Air-ticket charges extra.
- Total budget including Tuition Fee+ Hostel Fee+ Mess Fee will be approx. Rs.26 lakh for Georgian American University Georgia.