Table of Contents
- 1 Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- 1.1 Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University- A National Level University
- 1.2 Students sent by Global Medical Foundation to Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
- 1.3 Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University- Globally Recognised
- 1.4 Eligibility for USMLE
- 1.5 MCI Recognized Medical College in Ukraine- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
- 1.6 Hostel Facility
- 1.7 The Bologna Process
- 1.8 Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University Fees Structure
- 1.9 Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University Fee Structure
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
← Swipe to look around the campus of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University→
Call Back Form
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest and leading medial institution for higher education in Ukraine. The University was founded in 1945. In April 2009, about 796 foreign students were enrolled from 24 countries. The number has only increased with each year.
All the educational programs of the University are regulated and approved by the Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Degrees and diplomas issued to International students by the Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University are legalised by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine. Indian students will be eligible to practice in India, subject to clearing all the formalities. Indian students going to Ukraine through Global Medical Foundation have traditionally performed exceptionally well in the MCI Screening Test.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University- A National Level University
The Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the few Medical Universities in Ukraine to be designated as a “National Medical University” by the government of Ukraine. The university’s history started in 1945 and is affiliated to the Medical Council of India. The Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is listed in the WHO Directory of Medical Schools and also in the US FAIMER International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University was founded in the year of 1945. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest and leading medical University of Ukraine from last 68 years and former USSR. High level of qualification allows graduates of the University to work successfully in many countries of the world, to achieve great success in science and practical public health services. Among them are scientists, heads of public health service, honored doctors.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University provides high quality education to students who are looking for quality education at an affordable course fees. There are Thirteen faculties and a preparatory department.
Students sent by Global Medical Foundation to Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University- Globally Recognised
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is listed in the following Directories :
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
Students of Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to apply for certification and licensure in over 150 countries in the world including: US, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc.
Eligibility for USMLE
USA: Students and graduates of Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to participate in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) & receive ECFMG certification. ECFMG certification requires all graduates to have passed USMLE Step 1 & 2 (both sections) and submit a final transcript and provide a copy of the graduate’s diploma verification. Once ECFMG certification is granted; graduates are eligible for Postgraduate Medical education (Residency Training) in the United States of America.
Prospective & current students of Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University wishing to practice in the USA are encouraged to educate themselves on the licensue policies in respective states. Information can be obtained by going to the Federation of State Medical Boards of United States (FSMB) website and from related resources.
MCI Recognized Medical College in Ukraine- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
Students from India are eligible to sit for the National Board of Examination (NBE) and to register with the Medical Council of India (MCI); after obtaining an “Eligibility Certificate” from the MCI prior to sitting for the Competency test conducted by the NBE and complying with any other guide-lines of the certification authority. Similarly, students/graduates of Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to sit for the licensure & certification examinations of many other countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UAE, Singapore, etc. All students & graduates should educate themselves on the licensure policies of India or the countries where they propose to practice and prepare accordingly- in terms of: Education, documents, attestation, immigration, subject competency exam, language competency examination and residency and work permit laws.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University possesses an excellent system of hostel accommodation. It owns three hostel buildings with capacity of over 2,000 students.
Rooms are fully furnished and consist of an apartment like system with two bed and three bed room with an attached toilet. On each floor, there is a common hall and a common kitchen for cooking. On the ground floor, there is a gym cum recreation centre including a table tennis table.
Hostel rooms come furnished with beds, mattress, pillow, blanket, two side tables, one cupboard per room and one table and chair per room. Occupants get a weekly change of bed sheet and pillow case. Hot water is available in designated hours. All rooms are centrally heated. A plumber, carpenter and electrician are available on call.
Admission to the hostel is competitive. It is based on first-come-first serve basis and subject to availability. Students residing in the hostel sign an annual contract and are expected to follow the rules of the hostel; which include closing of the hostel gates at 11.00 pm, registering all visitors to the hostel, not making noise and showing consideration to fellow residents in the hostel.
The hostel fee is US $ 1,000 for the batch starting in September 2016.
A contract is signed, between the student and the University and this is renewed every year.
Hostel fees once paid is not refundable.
The main hostel is located about 2 kilometres from the Dean’s office and the city centre. Many buses cover this distance or it is a pleasant 20-25 minute walk. Super markets and grocery shops are within 2-3 minutes walk from the hostel.
Off campus housing / flats are available to students who can rent rooms or flats in private apartments. There are at various prices ranging from $ 150 to $ 350 per month, depending on the size and location of the flat. India / International students who live outside the hostel are required to notify the Foreign Dean’s office in writing of their address so that the address change is informed to the Foreigners Registration office as required under the laws of Ukraine.
The Bologna Process
Courses offered by Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University follow the “Bologna Process” with the objective of establishing a European Higher Education Area. A process driven by the 46 participating countries and the council of Europe. The primary goals are a follows:
- Easy to move from one country to another within the European Higher Education Area- for the purpose of further study and employment.
- Increase attractiveness of European higher education so that many people from non-European countries also come to study and/or work in Europe.
- Provide Europe with a broad, high quality and advanced knowledge base, and ensure the development of Europe as a stable, peaceful and tolerant community.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University Fees Structure
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University Fee Structure
No. Details Tuition Fee for 1st Year Tuition Fee for 2nd to 6th Year Duration 1 US $ 4,200 US $ 4,200 6 Years Other expenses on arrival 2 Accommodation US $ 1,000 As per student’s choice 12 month contract
3 Other one time miscellaneous expenses US $ 1,500 Airport pickup, On Arrival Dinner, Transfer to university hostel, documentation, translations of international passports, 6 year multiple entry visa, medical insurance, medical checkups including VDRL and HIV and other communicable diseases, Notarial warrants, Local police registration, Complete admission process help, on campus support, library charges, sports charges, registration in ministry of health, welcome kit, on campus support.
4 Total US $ 6,700 US $ 21,000 US $27,700 (approx.)
1. *Annual cost in Ukraine is payable in US $; which may Increase or Decrease at applicable rates US $ to Rupees exchange rates Rs. 64.30 = 1 U$D is taken for current conversion rate.
2. Annual Tuition fee fixed @ US $ 4,200 US $ per annum. It will NOT change for the duration of course.
3. Food and pocket money extra. About US$ 100 to U$D 150 per month depending on the student.
4. Air-fare from India to Ukraine will be extra.
5. Most of the first year books are given by us to the students for no charges.
6. A Pen Drive containing MBBS material worth more than₹. 1 lakh including MCI screening test, questions, USMLE study material, educational videos, e-books and much more will be given to each student taking admission through Global Medical Foundation.
7. Only University has washing-machine in the hostel.
8. No Hidden Cost. No Donation.
9. Duration of the Course is 5 years and 10 months. The Fee is payable for 6 years.
10. Free International student ID card.