- August 11, 2018
- Posted by: shobhitjayaswal
- Category: MBBS in Ukraine
This is Shobhit Jayaswal from Global Medical Foundation. Today, I will try to answer the question Is MBBS in Ukraine a good option? without being biased by presenting to you a mix of some facts, the reviews I have collected from the students studying there and my own experience which I gained during my many visits to Ukraine. You can check the review of our students in the videos:
In my opinion, doing MBBS from Ukraine is one of the best options today. Here are some facts you should know about studying MBBS in Ukraine:
- Name of the degree: The degree one is awarded after completing MBBS in Ukraine is MD Physician. After coming back to India and passing the FMGE, your degree will be equivalent to MBBS in India.
- Duration: The duration for completing an MBBS degree in Ukraine is 6 years which includes clinical practice.
- Cost: The tuition and hosel fees of the Universities in Ukraine is very low and is nothing in comparison to the fees charged by Private colleges in India. You can check the fees of various universities here: MBBS in Ukraine- Fee Structure & Admission for MBBS in Ukraine.
- Opportunities after MBBS in Ukraine:
Option 1: The most taken option is to come back to India and apply for FMGE or the MCI Screening Test as it is commonly known as. Prepare for this exam, clear this exam and get the registration number from the MCI for medical practice in India.Option 2: After completing your degree in Ukraine, you can explore the opportunities in Ukraine itself and go for PG also, and settle in Ukraine. You can also look for work in EU nations.
Option 3: While studying, you can apply for USMLE Step 1 in case you want to settle down or practice in the US. USMLE has 3 steps and those who clear all the 3 steps will be exempted to appear from FMGE and will be eligible to practice in India without clearing any screening test. PLAB is another popular choice among students.
- Security: Ukraine is one of those countries where security is very high and crime is low. When it comes to the security of women, then parents do not have to worry one bit. All the universities have their own hostels which provide students with a high level of security. You can check the video below to know more:
- Government Universities: Most of the universities in Ukraine are government universities of National or State level. These universities are very old, some of them are more than 200 years old too. Indian students have been going to Ukraine in a large number and for a long period of time.
There is no easy way here. You need to study hard and work harder than you have to achieve success in the field of medicine. The education quality is Ukraine is of a very high standard given that you will get admission in Government medical universities which are about 100–200 years old. At the end of the day, remember, its the hard work that will get you across the line be it Russia, Ukraine or any other country.
Each country has its advantages and disadvantages but right now, Ukraine is one of the best options for MBBS in abroad.